Thursday, June 5, 2014

WNW 6/4/14- Younite Promo Night

This week at WNW we took the opportunity to promote this year's Younite camp that will take place July 23-27.  We began the night with a time of food and fellowship.  I played a countdown timer I used from last year's Younite that has KJ-52's "Do the Bill Cosby".  We then went into a worship set that included three songs from last year's Younite:  "Burning in My Soul" (Brett Younker), "Shadows" (David Crowder Band), and "I Believe" (Jason Castro). This is the last WNW we will do music until Younite as we will do Wednesday's differently for the summer, so it was a great set to go out with.

After singing these songs, we showed this video highlighting last year's Younite.  I then talked about the history of Younite and how the vision came about to offer a mission camp serving those here where we live.  I let the students share some of their favorite memories over the years which was fun to hear.  Then I began to share about this year's theme.  We first read 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 where Paul talks about his weakness.  Personally I feel weak daily.  Sometimes I think about God's calling on my life as a husband, youth pastor, etc. and I feel insufficient in my abilities.  I see here though that in my weaknesses Jesus shines through bringing glory to Himself.  His grace is sufficient and is all I need.  The only thing adequate in me is Him (2 Corinthians 3:5).  All I have to do it take hold of Him and allow Him to work in and through me.  When I do this, I will never be insufficient.  It is because of all that He is, I am able to be who I need to be and who I am called to be.  This year's Younite theme is "bcUriam" (Because YOU Are I Am).  There are so many attributes and qualities of God we can focus on but there are three will look at during this camp.  Fire is a symbol of purity/forgiveness- Because He is Forgiving, I am forgiven.  An anchor is a symbol of hope- Because He is Hope, I am hopeful.  Obviously a heart is a symbol of love- Because He is Love, I am loved.  I am so excited about what God will do in our students this week, and the impact He will have on this community through us.


No comments: