Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Favorite Albums of 2012

Today I want to share what were some of my favorite albums of 2012.  They probably will come as no surprise to anyone who knows me, but they were all great albums.

Hillsong Chapel- Forever Reign 
I was hoping they would do another Hillsong Chapel and was so excited when I discovered this one.  It is a completely stripped down acoustic set that is just great to listen to at any time.  Plus the song selection is just amazing with so many great ones:  God is Able, Cornerstone, Forever Reign, Desert Song, etc.




Newsboys- Live in Concert: God's Not Dead 
Like I said yesterday, a Newsboys concert is probably the best you will ever go to.  The God's Not Dead tour was amazing and now you can listen to it at any moment.








David Crowder Band- Give Us Rest or (A Requiem Mass in C [The Happiest of All Keys])
Crazy long title for a crazy good album.  David Crowder Band's final album together did not disappoint.  34 tracks on this album!  My favorite songs on this album are Oh Great God, Give us Rest  (your heart just resonates with Crowder on this one); Come Find Me; Fall On Your Knees; Let Me Feel You Shine; and After All (Holy).  




Shaun Groves- Third World Symphony 
Ok this album actually came out in 2011, but I just got it this year and it honestly has wrecked me.  There is not a bad song on this album.  Not only musically is it beautiful, but lyrically probably the best I listened to last year.  Honestly this album has challenged me in my faith greater than any other music.  I am thankful that while songs like these may not make it to radio (which is a shame for the industry), I am thankful that God brought this to me.  I guess my favorite 3 are Come By Here, Kingdom Coming, and I've Got You.  But again there is not a bad song on this album.

Phil Wickham- Singalong 2 - I was really excited about this album because the first Singalong was my first Phil Wickham album.  Hearing Phil live in my opinion is better than the studio version (which not many people are like that).  Beautiful album of worship.  My favorites would have to be Heaven Fall Down and You're Beautiful.






Chris Sligh- For Our God & King 
Chris's music career has steered in a different direction lately but I know that God is still using him.  And He definitely still has an amazing talent in music.  You can actually get this album for free at www.forourgodandking.com, but is so good it would be worth paying for.  We were blessed to play with Chris when he came to Clearwater in 2011 and we played How Great and Good which are on this album.



Chris August- The Upside of Down 
2012 was a tough year for Chris August as he suffered a pretty severe head injury.  I believe that God used that to work in Chris and some songs were birthed out of that experience.  The title track The Upside of Down is a song that I listened to over and over for a few weeks.  The lyrics of that song are really amazing.

No comments: