Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thanksgiving

This week is Thanksgiving and as I looked at my posts on the subject in previous years they are mostly the same.  I have much to be thankful for and I usually point out all of these things.  I am very much thankful for all the ways that God has blessed me with giving me an amazing godly wife who not only loves me but she likes me, supports me, encourages me, and never gives up on me.  She always sees the best in me even when it is far from my eyes.  I have an amazing family.  While things did not turn out the way I would have planned in my family, I was raised by godly parents who introduced me to Jesus Christ, and to that I am eternally grateful.  Beyond my parents I have an amazing sister and brother-in-law, and an amazing sister-in-law and brother-in-law on Belinda's side of the family.  I have 2 sweet nephews who I just melt when I see.  I have two wonderful nieces who I am very proud of.  Even though this has been a weird year as far as health goes (ER visit, continued little sickness, Belinda's surgery, etc.) we still have good health and are breathing.  I am thankful that my Papaw's recent health scare turned out to be ok and he is completely healed.  I have some amazing friends in my life that encourage me and support me, and always when I need it the most.  I am thankful for my home, even though it continues to have many issues (currently no water lol).  I am thankful that I can still rejoice in the midst of these frustrations!  I am thankful for my calling and the opportunity to serve and minister to students.  It is such a blessing to see them grow in their faith.  I see now more than ever that my ministry is not simply to the students that are before me, but to generations to come.  I pray that God uses me to have an impact that reaches many generations.  I pray that I would influence these students in a way that their grandchildren know Jesus.  But most importantly I am thankful for Jesus.  It seems that is what we are supposed to say but I can honestly say that I mean that more today than ever.  I am thankful for salvation.  I am thankful for my Savior who loves me in spite of me.  A Savior who cares for me when I do not care about the things that I should.  A Savior who never fails even though I fail every day.  I am thankful that God continues to speak truth into my life and continues to shape me into who He wants me to be.  I am thankful He never gives up on me.

No comments: