Monday, March 5, 2012

11th Wedding Anniversary & My First Wedding (Officiating)

Again, I should have posted this already, but time has not been my best friend so far in 2012.  On February 23rd my wife and I celebrated 11 years of marriage!  I am so thankful that God has placed her in my life!  It is interesting as I look at really the last 12 years of my life, as there have been many disappointments, hard times and struggles in my life, however I am so thankful that God has given me a partner to share these hard times with.  I could not imagine life without her and do not want to.  I praise God that I not only have a wife, but a best friend!


Two days after our anniversary, I officiated my first wedding.  I had the privilege of doing the wedding of Bridget, one of my former students, and her now husband Cody.  It was a beautiful ceremony, short and simple, but they had picked out some really beautiful vows and things for me to say about love and marriage.  They actually made it really easy for me because the words they chose for me to speak on were really, really good.  However I did reword it a little.  I told them I had to "Nathanize" it a bit to my own regular language.  In fact, just two sentences in I used the word "awesome", which I quickly realized I probably should not use such "youth pastor language".  Their music selection that was played on the piano was really beautiful.  I told Bridget and Cody that I will always remember their wedding date not only because it was my first wedding to perform, but because it is so close to my own wedding anniversary.  It was a beautiful day of celebration and I was honored to be a part of it.  Here are a couple of pictures to prove that I am capable of wearing a suit, which I had to pull out of retirement.  It was funny because some people were not used to seeing me dress that way.  While it is not my favorite attire, it was really how I used to dress before becoming a youth pastor.




No comments: