Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Throwing Out The Garbage- Starting Anew

So this is that point of the year where every website and blog has their encouragement and ideas on how you can start fresh this year with a better life.  I should have posted this a few days ago as it has been on my mind for several days.  On the very last day of 2011 I was doing something that I really don't enjoy which is driving to the landfill to dispose of our garbage.  It's not that it is a tough task by any means, but that the landfill is on the other end of the county from where we live.  As I was driving I thought to myself how significant it was that I was ending the year by getting rid of any garbage we had to make things clean at home.  I thought how this should apply to our own lives, and myself included.  This is definitely a good time to start things anew with a fresh focus on Jesus Christ.  However we must first get rid of any garbage in our lives whether it be sin, past hurts, burdens, etc.  Then we must focus on moving forward in our relationship with Jesus Christ.  It is then that Jesus Christ can make us new and form us into what He needs us to be.  Of course I am reminded of one of my favorite songs "I Am New" by Jason Gray with this.  Watch the video below and if you are in need of a fresh start, do it today.


Ephesians 4:22-23- that, in reference to your former manner of life, you lay aside the old self, which is being corrupted in accordance with the lusts of deceit, and that you be renewed in the spirit of your mind


Isaiah 43:19- "Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it?  I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert.


No comments: