Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Favorite Moments of 2011

I am behind on posting things such as this but I have a couple of posts I want to make reflecting on 2011.  Today I want to share my favorite moments of 2011.  The year was full of it's many ups and downs, but through it was God is victorious and for that I am grateful.  So here are the moments in my life that stand out as my favorite from the past year.


-Celebrating my 10th Wedding Anniversary with my wife Belinda.  We really did not do anything big but the date fell on a Wednesday which is when we have Wednesday Night Worship.  I got the youth band to work with me and we surprised Belinda at the end of the night by playing the song "The Other Side of Me".  The song had significance as I surprised Belinda at our wedding by singing it to her.  It was definitely a fun time.
-My 30th birthday surprise.  Belinda really did something amazing by planning a surprise trip for me to celebrate my birthday.  I knew something was up because she told me a specific time I needed to be ahead in my school work.  Then one night she told me that I had to be home from work by a certain time.  She then took me to the airport and we flew for our first time, which was very cool.  We flew to Orlando to watch a couple of Atlanta Braves Spring Training games.  It was something that I had always wanted to do and so we had a really great time on this short trip.
-Seeing students grow in their faith.  Around our Disciple Now weekend in April we really saw some students take the next step in their faith.  It has been a great thing to see.
-Baptizing my first student.  It was definitely a humbling and exciting moment for me.
-MFuge.  This was the best summer camp we have been to.  The week went smoothly and the students really grew as they served in Williamsburg, KY.  The messages, theme and Bible study were all great.  Then of course one of the highlights in the week was seeing a student surrender to ministry!
-Younite.  Wow!  What a great time this was.  I am so excited that God leads us to do this as we see it have an impact on those we are serving as well as the students.  I was so glad how it all turned out and am excited to start planning Younite 2012!
-Chris Sligh in concert at Clearwater.  This was something that was really cool to be a part of.  Not only did I get to bring Chris (who I have always been a huge fan of) in to do a concert, but our worship band got to lead worship with him that morning!  Afterward he tweeted that we were a good worship band.  Definitely a great moment!
-Getting to speak before students.  I love getting to do this every week but also had some other cool opportunities.  I was asked to speak at the See You At The Pole event at Niota School for the second year which was great.  Then at the end of the year I was asked to speak during one of They Came Running's Christmas concerts.  Getting to speak about Jesus in the middle of a concert of one of my favorite bands was really cool!
-Getting an iPhone.  I had wanted one for years and finally got it.  It has no eternal significance but I thoroughly enjoy it.
-Getting to see Michael W. Smith and Amy Grant in concert together.  Michael is my all-time favorite singer so I always enjoy seeing him.  It was really cool getting to see him and Amy together.  It was definitely a great show.
-Graduating from seminary.  Belinda and I decided for me to take a full load of 15 hours in the Spring in order to graduate because we were both very tired of me having school work all the time.  It made for a very hard few months but I'm done and couldn't be happier about that.


There are many other moments that were great in 2011 and I am so thankful for all that God has done in me and my family.  I look forward to all He is going to do in us and through us in 2012!

No comments: