Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What I'm Thankful For

Since this week is Thanksgiving I wanted to take some time to think about and share the things that I am thankful for:


-My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  I am so thankful that He died for me so that I can have a relationship with Him and live with Him eternally.  I am thankful that He loves me and cares for me the way that He does.  I am thankful that He speaks truth into my life and corrects me when I need it.


-My wife and best friend Belinda.  I cannot explain how thankful I am for her.  I could not make it without her as she is someone I depend on so much.  She puts up with me which is a huge task in itself.  I am thankful that she loves me and cares for me the way she does.  Honestly, she spoils me!  I am so thankful for the ways that she supports me in everything I do.  I am thankful for her godliness that is simply beautiful.


-My family.  My family means so much to me, and I am thankful for them more each and every day.  I am so blessed to have the support in my family that I do.  My family brings such joy in my life.


-This weekend.  God really did some amazing things this weekend for me.  It began with us taking the students to the Hearts on Fire Conference in Gatlinburg where we were blessed to hear David Nasser, Clayton King, and the David Crowder Band.  Our church's Thanksgiving service was Sunday morning and they surprised us by also making it Pastor Appreciation Day.  Deacons and one of our students specifically shared how they are thankful for me, which was such a blessing.  To know that people love you, care for you, and pray for you is truly humbling.  Then last night Belinda and I went to the Michael W. Smith and Amy Grant concert in Knoxville.  We had incredible seats and it was a great night.  We even had time to get gelato before the concert!  All in all, God refreshed me this weekend in a way that I was in much need of, which I am grateful for.


-My friends.  I have a few good friends in my life who care for me, support me, and listen to me.  I appreciate all they do for me.


-My home.  Sometimes I whine and complain about the things that seem to constantly tear up in our home, the squirrels that live in our attic, etc.  But the truth is we have a home to live in.  It breaks my heart that people in this world are homeless.

No comments: