Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Days I'm Thankful For My Calling

To say that ministry is tough is an understatement.  I do not care what type of ministry it is, there are plenty of hard days.  However there are many days that are a blessing and make you thankful for your calling from God.  Sunday was one of those days.


Before church began Sunday morning, one of my students came to me and asked if we could talk.  We stepped out and I spent some time talking with him about salvation.  After several minutes he decided that he wanted to know for sure and so we sat down and at that moment he prayed to receive Jesus Christ and was saved!  We continued to talk for a few minutes and he wanted me to be with him as he told his parents and so we did, and of course they were extremely excited!


Well God was definitely at work Sunday through the worship service and there many who responded to the message.  This student came forward to make it known that he had been saved.  How exciting this is for me as a youth pastor, but that was not all.  A young girl came forward with her dad and grandmother because she had been saved the day before.  My pastor shared that after I had given my testimony at Upward, she realized that she was lost and needed Jesus and was saved.  Wow!  I was a little bit overwhelmed at this moment as I realized that God had used me to lead two people to be saved!  It definitely was not anything that I had done, only that I was being obedient and being usable.  


I am thankful that God has called me into ministry and I am thankful for days like this where he affirms that calling in my life.  I am thankful that God is using me and I pray that I will continue to allow Him to use me however He desires.

No comments: