Monday, December 6, 2010

Top 10 Least Favorite Christmas Songs

I mentioned on Friday that I had given the students my Top 10 all time least favorite Christmas songs ever list at WNW so I thought I would share them here as well.  Please don't be offended by my dislikes here.  It was all about fun.  I may have offended some students with naming some things that they liked, but it's just for fun and it's my opinion so here goes:

10.  Santa Baby by Madonna- the music is cool, but to be honest it's a little creepy her singing about Santa this way.

9.  I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas- Seriously?  Who wants a hippopotamus?  Plus it is sung very annoyingly.

8.  Any Casting Crowns Christmas Song- HAHA.  I seriously got daggers shot at me with the eyes of some students on this one.  It was seriously just a joke since I'm not a fan of the band.  I seriously don't even know any Christmas songs they sing.  It was a joke, but some acted like it was an act of terrorism.

7.  12 Day of Christmas Muppets Version- Hearing Miss Piggy sing about 5 golden rings is about more than I can take.

6.  Wonderful Christmas Time by Paul McCartney-  Something about the background noise in it is just odd.

5.  I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause- I said that if I saw my mommy kissing Santa Clause then I would have more questions now then I would have as a 5 year old.  Just joking, but I would seriously have to do some interrogation.

4.  Feliz Navidad- I'm not sure why, but this song has always been annoying to me.

3.  O Christmas Tree-  Belinda doesn't like this one, so therefore I don't like it.  Enough said.

2.  Little Drummer Boy- It's not that I don't like the song, but the line about "the ox and lamb kept time".  Seriously?  How do animals keep time with a drummer?  Not happening.

1.  Christmas Shoes by Newsong-  Another one that students acted like I had committed a major crime.  Come on now, you have to admit this one is annoying.  I get how it's supposed to be sappy and emotional, but it's annoying and you know it.

So what's your least favorite Christmas songs?  Please comment and share them with everyone!

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

I can't believe you don't like the muppets version of The 12 Days of Christmas. Don't tell Noah about the Hippo song....he might add it to the list bringing it to 64.
My favorite is Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas. I actually like Barry Manilow's version. It is hard to find a good version of it.