Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

I can not believe that it is time for another Thanksgiving.  I enjoy getting together with my family on this day and having fellowship and good food.  I am different in the fact that I do not like turkey, but I eat a little anyway.  Probably my favorite food item is the cranberry sauce, which I eat as a dessert instead of with turkey.  I prefer the kind out of the can over the real kind.  Anyway I wanted to share a few things that I am thankful for:


-My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  I am so thankful that He gave His life for me, taking on my sins, and then raising to life on the third day.  I am thankful that He saved me and now I have a personal relationship with Him.


-I am thankful for my wonderful wife Belinda.  I am in awe that God blessed me with such a wonderful, caring, and loving wife.  I am blown away by the fact that she loves me the way that she does, and I am thankful that I get to spend my life with her.


-My family.  I have a wonderful family that I am glad that I am close with.  I have wonderful parents, and a sister who is married with three children.  I love them all dearly and am thankful for them.


-I am thankful for God's calling on my life.  Sometimes it seems like it would be easier to do something else, but I am thankful that God called me to serve Him in ministry.  It's tough, many days are hard, but when I see someone take a step closer to God it is all worth it.


-I am thankful for my friends who care for me and support me in all that I do.  It is humbling to know that I have people who pray for me and that I can depend on.


Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: