Friday, August 27, 2010

Some More Crazy Times

It's been a while since I've posted because as what has become the norm in the Eaton family, life has been crazy. I posted a couple of months ago about the Past Mile of life and how it had been hard with some family tragedy. Well I can honestly say we have not lived through any more tragedies, but just the weight and repercussions of those experiences. In with that has been even more "things" that have weighed us down. Having to fix another busted water pipe to starting school mixed in with other disappointments and burdens has wore us down even more. I even told my mom one day this week that I'm near accepting the fact that hardly anything will ever really go our way. As I sit here typing, mind completely frazzled, my body feeling like it has been pushed way beyond its limits I have to still be thankful. I am thankful for what I do have. I know that we are supposed to be thankful for the trials we face since it produces endurance (James 1:4). However I will be honest and say that at the moment I am not very thankful for these trials. Things could definitely be worse, I know that. But currently it is hard to see the outcome of the big picture. Though that is case currently, I want to list the things in my life that I am thankful:

-my wife- she's the greatest ever
-my close family- mom, dad, sister and her husband, nieces and nephew
-my cousin Josh's heart surgery was a success
-close friends who actually support me
-the beautiful weather we have been experiencing- I'm sitting in the library of TWC's campus and looking out the window it is just beautiful. I'm thankful for the time I have been able to spend on this wonderful campus.
-my Jeep- we've been able to experience this beautiful weather greatly with the top down.
-my salvation- the fact that Jesus would die for me is overwhelming. Especially when I consider how much I take Him for granted.

No comments: