Thursday, August 5, 2010

God's Revelation- Part 2

Today I want to share another time in my life when God revealed Himself to me through special revelation. I am not exactly sure why I feel the need to share this, but I know that I do not always have know why God is leading me to do something. One of the ways that God reveals Himself in special revelation is through dreams. Now this is one you have to be careful with. If we took every dream we have as believing it was God speaking then we would probably all do some crazy things. I know that I can speak for myself in saying that I have had some pretty ridiculous dreams. However there was one time that I know for sure that God was speaking to me.

My call into ministry was pretty wild when I think about it. I struggled with the call for a while, and even took a different job trying to avoid it. However I remember knowing for sure that God was calling me into ministry, specifically youth ministry at Clearwater at the time. I made it known that this was what God was calling me to do, but it was a long process (which I now know was preparation and a time for me to cling to God). However through this long process I doubted myself, I doubted that God was calling me, and I doubted that it would work out. It was pretty incredible all the different ways that God spoke to me during these several months, but one in particular I will never forget.

My granny had died unexpectedly in February 2008. A couple of months later I had a dream that was so real that I remember so much of it in extreme detail. I won’t share everything in it, but the gist was that in my dream I had the opportunity to spend a few minutes with my granny as we walked and talked about a few things, including a little about my confusion of God calling me into ministry and my doubts concerning it. As we were talking about these things my granny looked at me with a big smile and said “Nathan, it’s all going to work out”. I woke up knowing that this was a way that God was speaking to me and confirming in me what He had already revealed. There were so many other details in the dream that were vivid letting me know that this was a message from God.

I want to be careful in sharing this because I think we need to be careful in believing that God may be speaking to us through a dream. Like I said earlier I have personally had some crazy dreams in my life and know that they would have led me to do crazy things if for one moment I believe God was speaking in them. I know that God has never spoken to me in any other dream than this. Also there was definitely no doubt that He was speaking to me in this one. Again I don’t know why I felt the need to share this on my blog, but I have wanted to for some time.

No comments: