Monday, July 26, 2010

Younite Day 2

Day 2 of Younite was even hotter than day 1, but was incredible just the same. We began the day with Bible study looking at being a God pleaser instead of a people pleaser. I had the opportunity to teach this day and shared with the students that this is an area that I face more pressure in today than I ever have before.

The time on site was great, but as I mentioned already extremely hot. We were blessed to hear a testimony from a lady at the Women At The Well. She shared about how some bad decisions led her on a path of destruction and she ended up taking crystal meth through an iv. She found redemption through the cross and has never been the same. It was definitely a beautiful testimony.

Worship was amazing once more. I was excited going into it because the Micah Watson Band was doing my favorite song of theirs called “Strength” and they were also doing my favorite hymn “Come Thou Fount”. God was definitely being glorified and in the middle of “Strength” a surge protector reset causing them to temporarily lose power on stage. That didn’t stop them as they continue to lead us to the throne and I believe it was such a sweet time of worship.

Teddy’s message was out of Colossians 3:1-11 talking about the things that when we become Christians we are to get rid of or put to death. The things we must put to death are sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, covetousness which is idolatry, anger, wrath, malice, slander, obscene talk, and lying. In our group time I asked the question why must you put these things to death and a student responded that if we don’t put them to death its like burying them alive and they’ll just come back after you.

After group time we went back to the youth house to play a competition of Minute to Win It. It was definitely a fun way to unwind from the day and have a little friendly competition. Of course our winner receive a crazy random animal for their prize in the form of a pack of Sea Monkeys. I’m pretty sure that most people didn’t know what Sea Monkeys were, which makes me sad for them.

Here is the video of Frank & Frankie from Day 2.

No comments: