Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Out of Commission

Well I have been out of commission for the past few days. Yes I did survive my one week module course. It was an incredible week. Very exhausting and draining, but really good at the same time. It will take a while to really download all of the material and so I may have some posts in the future that come out of it but its definitely a good thing. One thing is that it was good about giving me a fresh view on how big God is. I don't mean "size" big but just how incredible He is.

I've heard it said many times that you know something good is about to happen when you face attacks or troubles. Well we've had a few this week. Nothing major but I believe it is definitely a sign that God wants to do some huge things. After coming back from my module course I am home one week, then off again for a week of summer camp. I knew that this week would require of a lot of work and long hours. Things kind of got flipped around on Saturday when we got home from a family outing and our house was hot. I'm hot natured so this wasn't exciting in the least. It seemed out air conditioner wasn't working and so we went to stay with my mom for the night. Monday we reset it and it worked again. We were so thankful....but then about 5 hours later it wasn't working again. Monday morning we had someone look at it and they filled it up with freon but it appears that there is a leak. They are going to check it out in a couple weeks to see how much of a leak there appears to be but it looks like we'll end up having to buy a new unit. Oh but lets back up a few hours. I woke up at about 4:00 am with a stomach virus. I won't give any details but it wasn't pretty! So now I'm recovering from a stomach virus. So I'm still alive but working on gaining my strength back. This isn't the week that I would have picked for these things to happen. But I believe that in the midst of everything it is a sign that maybe we're under attack. I know that God wants to do huge things next week in camp and so Satan will do whatever to mentally take me down before camp even gets here. That happened last year as well but we serve an incredible God and can take heart in knowing that Jesus "has overcome this world" and the enemy has been defeated. Please pray for my strength and pray for our students as we go to have an incredible encounter with God next week.

No comments: