Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Centrifuge- Monday

Well after months of preparation and prayer we headed today to Centrifuge at North Greenville University. What an exciting day this has been. I can't help but sense the presence of God on this campus and in every worker for NGU and for FUGE. I can't wait to see what God has in store for us this week.

The theme for this year's camp is Kairos: Defining Moments. Kairos is the Greek word for "time" and is often used to define a time in crisis when a critical decision must be made, that defining moment. It is in these defining moments that our character is shaped.

Here is a little rundown of today. We arrived to campus and received our shirts and made our group picture. We played some games and then went to a briefing on the tracks offered and the students were allowed to fill out their track choices. After dinner we had our first worship service, getting to hear from worship leader Micah Watson and camp pastor Chad Poe, and also a sneak at this year's "Adventure Now" series. It was a short worship service but one full of energy and definitely one where you felt the Spirit dwelling there. After splitting up in their Bible study groups and getting to know their group leader, we went to the gym where we were involved in an event called "Organized Mass Chaos". There is no way to describe it other than that. I always thought that was what Afterschool was but I was wrong. This was an awesome time and lots of fun. We then were introduced to our church group leader and had our first night of church group devotions which will be the time every night where we are able to get back together as a church group. Pray for me as I will be leading these times.

After dealing with wireless signal issues and lack thereof this is the only picture I was able to upload. I'll find a better signal tomorrow and upload some more pics
I wanted to close with one final thing about this first day. The worship band came out and opened the night with "Salvation is Here". I love leading worship and playing guitar, but this was an incredible time for me personally to reflect on the lyrics of this song. You surely know this song but read this lyrics and let them sink deep within you.

God above all the world in motion
God above all my hopes and fear
I don't care what the world throws at me now
I'm going to be alright

'Cause I know my God saved the day
And I know His Word never fails
And I know my God made a way for me
Salvation is here

No comments: