Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My Heart Beats For You

I was recently listening to a song called “Abba Father” by Michael W. Smith. When we refer to God as Abba Father it’s a term of endearment equivalent to calling Him our daddy. I know when I talk about this in sermons from time to time that some students and anyone for that matter may tend to put the qualities of their earthly father on God. Its just the natural thing to do sometimes so I know I have to be careful because some students may come from broken homes, or when their fathers may have never had anything to do with them as they grow up. But we must know that God, our Heavenly Father is not like that and will never let us down. But as I listened to this song some lyrics impacted me. The chorus says “My heart beats for you precious Jesus.” This is similar to many worship songs we sing today but I find today more now than ever I try to pay attention to what I sing in worship. Hopefully everyone does but I’m afraid we sing out of habit many times. “My heart beats for you precious Jesus.” Say that sentence out loud “My heart beats for you precious Jesus.” I want every detail of my life to be a reflection of that, but if I’m honest then I know it isn’t always. When I complain, when I serve God half-heartedly, and when I sin my life doesn’t reflect that my heart beats for Jesus. I want it to though. I encourage you to read these lyrics not just to read what they say but I want you to praise God through them. If you’re heart doesn’t always beat for Jesus, which if we’re all honest it doesn’t always, then make the conscious effort for it to. Take the time today to worship you’re Heavenly Father, call Him daddy and love Him the way we are intended to.

Sitting at Your feet is where I want to be
I'm home when I am here with You
Ruined by Your grace, enamored by Your gaze
I can't resist the tenderness in You

I'm deep in love with You Abba Father
I'm deep in love with You Lord
My heart it beats for You Precious Jesus
I'm deep in love with You

Lord, my redeemer, Your blood runs through my veins
My love for You is deeper than it was yesterday
I enter through the curtain, parted by Your grace
Oh You're the lover of my soul

I'm deep in love with You Abba Father
I'm deep in love with You Lord
My heart it beats for You Precious Jesus
I'm deep in love with You Lord

No comments: