Monday, February 8, 2010

What If?

I know I have already had two entries lately that spoke about the song lyrics that say “Here I am, ready to give up my life for the One!” On a side note in case anybody care what the song is it’s Here I Am by Michael W. Smith (bet you saw that coming). One more thought I have on these lyrics is this: What if God not only called you to give up your life by serving Him (which He calls everyone to do), but what if He called you to actually give up your life as a martyr? Something that we would definitely want to be able to do if we ever faced such a time, but truthfully what would you do? What if you knew that God was calling you to be a martyr for Him? Would you still love and serve Him the same or would you abandon Him in hopes of a different way? I don’t want to come off as saying that I would be very excited and thrilled if I knew that this was coming my way, but I hope that I am close enough to God to be willing to do this if possible. Especially if it meant that someone else became a follower of Jesus as a result of my life. Just something to chew on today.

No comments: