Tuesday, February 23, 2010

9 Wonderful Years!

Today my wife Belinda and I celebrate 9 wonderful years of marriage. I remember the day very clearly. The wedding was on a Friday night and I went to school that morning. It was a tough semester of Western Heritage and some kind of Literature (yeah the class must have not made much of an impact on me) and some other classes and I couldn't afford to miss a day. I remember getting home and spending the last few hours with our friends from New Zealand who would be leaving the next morning while were gone on our honeymoon. So many emotions running through me, but excited to start out this new life. The ceremony was incredible, having great friends and family be a part of the occasion. I don't think I would have been nervous at all if I wasn't surprising Belinda by singing to her (pretty insane for someone who can't sing, I know). It's crazy to think about all the ways our lives have changed over the past 9 years. We've both graduated college, entered careers, changed careers, been on some great trips, laughed many laughs and cried many tears. One thing is for sure, I wouldn't want to have gone through any of this with anyone else. I'm so thankful that God sent me someone as incredible as Belinda. She not only loves me and supports me, but she believes in me, especially when I don't believe in myself. I know she would never say it but she gets frustrated by the fact that I have such little confidence, but still encourages me anyway. I am so thankful to have such a wonderful partner! Happy Anniversary Belinda!

1 comment:

Belinda said...

Aw, you made me cry. Happy Anniversary! I love you and am sooo Blessed to call you my Husband!!!