Thursday, January 21, 2010

Reconnection

This past week we were getting ready for our worship service at EK Baker school and the sound from the electric drum kit kept going in and out. The wire had a short in it or one of the metal pieces was bent causing it to make a bad connection. After a little work was done on it, the connection was just like it was intended to be and the sound came out just right. Well to be honest, I think I've kind of been like this wire lately. For a couple weeks now, I just haven't been able to get in a rhythm with anything it seems. My schedule has been a bit crazy which always adds to that, along with me being sick but there was something else in me too. I had known this for days but I really came to understand it yesterday. How much application and effort am I making in my life? Am I applying myself with what I know about God's Word to further His kingdom, and too am I applying myself to grow closer to Him. I knew this was what I needed to grasp in order to get a kick in the rear to get going again. I believe after a couple of honest conversations yesterday and being honest with myself, I've made that reconnection that I have desperately needed. Do I mean that I have everything figured out? Definitely not! I just needed a fresh encounter with God and I think that's what I got. I do say this however to hopefully encourage you to pray for me to stay connected to God in the way that I need to, but that also you might identify in your own life what may be causing a disconnection. Search your heart today and ask yourself if you are honestly making the effort that is necessary.

No comments: