Monday, January 25, 2010

The Price Was Paid

Yesterday we met with some good friends to have dessert. I had a delicious apple cobbler with a side of vanilla ice cream. Not only was the dessert delicious, but there was a lot of it! It was huge to say the least. Not only did we have the honor of having good conversation with our friends, but they also paid for ours! It was definitely an incredible act of generosity that I was very grateful for. But as I was eating, and eating, and eating Belinda asked if I was going to finish it off to which I replied "Of course, the price has been paid". I wanted to take advantage of this gift because a friend had paid it for me. This made me think about the price that Jesus paid when He died for us. He paid the price, why wouldn't we want to take full advantage of living a life where we can freely approach Him and grow closer to Him each day. I know that when I examine my life there are plenty of times that I waste not taking advantage of the relationship I can have by making Jesus Lord of my life! I personally don't want to make waste anymore but to live in the fullness of God!

No comments: