Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Memories Part 4

Another one of my Christmas took place when I was 9 years old and in the 4th grade. For months I had been infatuated with a pair of shoes. Now this wasn't just any pair of shoes, it was a pair of high-top Reebok Pumps! For what seemed forever I would look at this pair of shoes and wanted them soooooo bad. My parents who were always good at teaching me lessons in finance and responsibility would not purchase these shoes for me. However they made me a deal. If I would save up half of the cost of the shoes, then they would fund the other half for me to purchase them. This was a great deal! Except I had no source of income as a 9 year old. I saved every cent I could come across in what seemed like years (probably was only a few months but you know the concept of time for a 9 year old). Well Christmas came and with the money my grandparents gave me, I would finally have enough to purchase the shoes! I was so excited and couldn't wait for stores to open back up so we could go purchase this awesome set of footwear. As my parents did so many times in my life, they surprised me with their generosity. I woke up on Christmas morning to get what to me was the greatest Christmas present- the Reebok Pumps! I couldn't believe it. I was so excited! I loved those shoes and took exceptional care. I don't care if they're out of style 19 years later, but I would wear them today if I had a pair in size 14. And that was one of my best Christmas memories! The picture below is almost identical to the pair I had except the green stripe aside was blue and see through. Love those shoes!


No comments: