Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Memories Part 3

My third Christmas memory that I want to share is another one that occurred only in the past few years. In 2007 I came to a point in my life where I knew that God was going to do something different with me than what I had planned for my life, but I didn't know exactly what that meant. Finally after many many hours of prayer and tears I realized in December that God had called me into full time ministry. Only a couple people knew at the time, one of which was my mom. She asked that when our family (grandparents, cousins, uncle, sister, you get the picture) got together if I would either read the Christmas story in the Bible or share something relating to it. I was honored to do so and remember sharing out of Luke 2 and the things that God had been revealing to me in the passage. A few weeks later my granny was with my mom and told her that I "would make a good preacher". My mom shared with her that I felt that God was calling me into ministry. A few weeks after that my granny unexpectedly passed away. She didn't get to see this all come to pass as I am now serving as a youth pastor, and she won't be at my ordination later this month, but I know because of her decision to follow Jesus that she is worshiping Him in a way we can not even fathom. God used my granny to speak to me many times over my life, even in unexpected ways. Being able to share with my family, and my granny on her last Christmas will always be one of my most cherished Christmas memories.


No comments: