Friday, November 20, 2009

What I'm Thankful For

Yesterday I wrote about the subject of thankfulness that I spoke on this past Wednesday. So here is my list of what I'm thankful for. Some will are serious and some will be silly but I am definitely thankful for all of these and certainly couldn't sum up on a blog post everything that God has blessed me with, but here's a start.

-First of all I'm thankful for God, His love for me, His sending of Jesus to die for me so that I could be saved and have an eternal relationship with Him when I never deserved anything. I'm thankful for the fact that He keeps His hand on me and never turns His back on me when I can be a wretch and undeserving of His mercy and love.
-My wife Belinda. Words can't express the feelings I have for her. I'm in awe each day that she would even care about me and loves me the way she does. I'm humbled by how she supports me and stands by me in every aspect in life and she never gives up on me. I'm thankful we get to spend the rest of our lives together.
-My calling from God- I'm thankful for the calling that God has placed on my life. I'm extremely humbled that He would call an unqualified person like me to represent Him. I love the fact that I get to do what I do!
-My family- especially my mom and dad- they taught me values and respect that I admire and am thankful they instilled in me. I'm thankful they gave me opportunities and care for me the way they do.
-Other Family- my sister, brother-in-law, nieces, nephew, grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins, etc. These people have influence me and shaped me to who I am today and have supported me throughout the years.
-Friends- I've heard it said that if when you count your friends that there are more than you can count on one hand then you are blessed. I feel that I fall into this category.
-My partners in ministry- I couldn't ask for greater friends/family/partners to minister with to lift each other up, support one another, and take on hell with a water pistol with.
-Music- I love music and am especially thankful for the music of Michael W. Smith, Jason Gray, Phil Wickham, David Crowder, They Came Running, Leeland, etc.
-My guitar- Martin DCX1KE- love it
-Baseball
-Egg Nog
-Coca-Cola
-Coffee- especially from Java on the Square
-Video Games- the New Super Mario Bros. Wii rocks!
-My Jeep- I'm ready for spring already to take the top off!
-My Macbook- I could never go back to a PC
-Anyone who was willing to read this and actually care what I have to say- Thanks!

No comments: