Monday, June 29, 2009

Centrifuge Day 5

Ok, I know it's been a while and I'm just now getting back to wrapping up how things went at Centrifuge.  I didn't realize the exhaustion I was feeling at the end of the week was the beginning of probably the worse sickness I've ever experienced, but that's not what I want to write about.  I want to write about the last night sermon of Centrifuge delivered by Tony Merida.  He preached out of 2 Corinthians 4:7 about "How God uses clay pots" and "How to be a clay pot".  He gave us 4 points to ponder using surrounding verses on how to be used by God.
-Be Desperate for the Spirit (3:1-5:5)
-Be Passionate About Christ and People (5:6-16)
-Believe in the Power of the Gospel (5:17-21)
-Regeneration
-Reconciliation
-Justification
-Be Ready to Suffer for the Gospel (5:20; 6:1-10)

I wish I had more exhaustive notes b/c this does not even begin to share what spoken this night.  But again it was a very powerful message of things we are to do to truly be in the will of God.  Especially the last part stating that we must be ready to suffer for the gospel.  One of the things that Tony reiterated over the course of the week is that being a Christian is more than just going to church, it's actually doing something.  Just as Pastor Wayne and my good friend Greg Mull have both stated recently..."If nothing changes, then nothing changes!"  I challenge you to allow God to truly change you beyond what we think being a Christian really is.

No comments: