Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Centrifuge Day 3

As I type this at midnight I honestly can't remember if this was day 3 or not.  At this point it "all runs together" as Austin Wilson put it and so I'm not definite anymore what day it is or what day of the week it is but I vaguely remember Belinda telling me she was going to church and I think that was tonight so I'm going to guess it's Wednesday.  Don't know why I felt the need to start off by rambling like that but it could be due to the fact that I've had about 12 hours of sleep over the past 3 days.

It started off raining here today so all recreation groups met inside and did their activities in the dry.  After our morning leader meeting me and the adult leaders slipped away from doing recreation with all the other youth leaders to meet on our own.  Believe me when I say that we did not shed any tears over missing adult leader recreation.  Instead we went to the coffee shop and really had a time of sharing about what was going on with the group and what God was doing through the worship and sermon the previous night, and even what God is doing in our own life.  This was a great time, and not because coffee was involved b/c believe me my cappuccino was terrible.  After lunch we roamed around and took pictures of the students in their various track groups.

Tonight's worship and sermon from Tony was just incredible, but I never doubted.  It's incredible how God just pours out of Tony's mouth.  He preached out of 2 Timothy 2:1-13 and the title was "Young Leaders: Moving from Fearfulness to Faithfulness" and he spoke about these 6 qualities of a faithful leader:
-Faithful young leaders are strengthened by Jesus' grace
-Faithful young leaders are being disciplined and making disciples
-Faithful young leaders are willing to suffer for the Gospel as a good soldier
-Faithful young leaders are disciplined like a good athlete
-Faithful young leaders work hard like farmers
-Faithful young leaders are passionate about Jesus Christ

Tony challenged us all to follow this as we are all called to lead others to Christ.  This is the most important aspect of life.  If we miss that this is all that really matters in life then we miss the point.  I certainly don't want to get to Heaven to find out that I missed it.

For night life tonight was our time to dress up in our 70's athletic attire.  I believe I lost any pride I ever had.




No comments: