Monday, March 23, 2009

Sing Like You've Never Sung

I recently purchased a new cd called CompassionArt which is a project by various artists organized by Martin Smith and all proceeds go to help fight poverty.  There is one song on the album that has stood out to me and it is called "There is Always a Song" and is sung by Martin Smith, Steven Curtis Chapman, and the Watoto Children's Choir.  It's a beautiful piano driven song but there is one part that always grabs my attention.  This part of the song says "Sing like you've never sung".  As I was driving down I-75 to the early morning FCA meeting this past Friday I was listening to this song and just became overwhelmed when I heard this.  I felt like God was speaking to me about worship and how that each time I sing whether it be alone in the car, at home, when leading worship at youth, or in corporate worship that I need to be singing like I've never sung and with the excitement like when I was first saved.  This can be tough many times because I can let my circumstances direct my worship, while instead I need to let my Savior direct my worship.  We must realize that it's not about the song and whether we like it or not, and not about what's going on around us, but that we are to sing with the intent to put a smile on God's face.

Then I felt God stirring my heart more and saying to me that it's not only about the worship I sing, but also my lifestyle of worship.  I need to be constantly worshiping God in everything I do and giving Him my all.  I challenge you as I have been challenged to constantly worship God will all your heart, just as if it's the first time you've ever worshiped the very God who created you and loves you with all His heart.

No comments: