Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Good vs Great

We started some girls and guys Bible studies yesterday and I am very excited about it.  The guys are going to be going through the book of 1 Timothy and the girls will be doing a study on Leah.  This is going to be a great time to connect in small groups and dive deeper into the Bible.

When I met with the guys yesterday I talked with them briefly about being good vs being great.  I believe that many times as Christians we settle with being good.  I equate good with lukewarm, mediocre, stagnant, etc.  I believe that God is calling us to greatness.  We read about some of the great people in the Bible (Moses, David, Paul, the disciples, etc.) and sometimes think we could never do some of the things they did.  The truth is we will probably never part the Red Sea or do some of the things that we read about.  However we must remember that the things that God calls us to do today are just as great.  Anything that God calls us to do is HUGE.  It may not seem like a huge deal, or even be a difficult task, but if it is a calling from God then it is very important.  We need to realize that we can do great things just as the people we read about in the Bible did.  So just as I challenged the guys yesterday and I challenge you, strive to do great things.  Don't settle with going through life being mediocre and just going through the motions.  Strive to be great instead of good!

1 comment:

Scott Packett said...

Hey man, thanks for checking out the blog and for the congrats. I would love to grab some lunch sometime. Give me a call and we will definitely get together.

Great thoughts, dude. I really appreciate what your doing with the students over at Clearwater.