Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Strength and Rest

Without going back to look I'm pretty sure that I've posted a couple entries on rest (I know I did one last week).  It's something that seems to be a big theme lately in our household.  From discussions of not getting enough sleep, to how we must slow down a bit, to trying to figure out how to juggle school in with work, to my weekly (sometimes more than once a week) stern lectures from my wife about how I must take a Sabbatical day off each week.  It's not that we don't love what we do or that we're just lazy, it's just that we live in a fast paced world where we are constantly needed by someone or need to do something.  A few months ago I was struggling with this and my good friend Gil Balch asked me "Are you leaning on your own strength or God's strength?"  Well that's stuck with me every since as I learn to lean more and more on God each day.  I say all of this to point you to a post on Steven Furtick's blog today about "Today's battles...Tomorrow's Strength"  Check it out it's a very insightful quick read.

No comments: