Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Divine Appointments and God's Provision Part 2

Yesterday I wrote about a recent divine appointment and how God had really provide blessings through it.  I talked about how as a result of time spent with Jason and Taya Gray that I walked away changed and wanting to be a better person, Christian, leader, and husband.  While this is all true God reminded me of something last night.  He revealed to me that too many times I discount the worth of divine appointments with people I already know and are close with.  Let me explain what I mean.  Most times I think of divine appointments as a one time meeting with someone, which I don't believe to be true at all.  For instance it was a divine encounter when I met my wife.  But I still believe that God provides and blesses me (and us) with the divine moments like last night when we both laughed until we were wiping tears (you'll see why in a post in a few days).  God knew that we needed that time to laugh together and connect, that was God providing for our needs.

I say all of this to get to this point, there are so many people in my life that have affected me and influenced me to strive for more.  I could go on and list them but I would leave someone out by accident.  I realized this yesterday through the many conversations I had whether on phone, by text, or by email.  I am blessed more than I deserve and am currently in awe of the open doors of opportunity that God has provided me in the past year.  Opportunities to do God's work as well as grow closer to some dear friends in my life. If you happen to read this then think about the people you face daily that mean a lot to you that you may discredit or take for granted.

No comments: