Monday, November 24, 2008

Christ's Return

Our Sunday School lesson yesterday was on Christ's Return.  One of the sets of scripture used was John 14:2-4, which is one of my favorites.  It's such a great promise knowing that Jesus is going to come back to take us with Him.  I challenged the students with this thought- "If you knew that Jesus was coming back in 30 minutes, would you be ready?"  I didn't say this to scare anyone into getting their life right.  But I think it's a thought we need to consider and live by.  Scripture tells us in Matthew 24:36-44 that we do not know when it will be so we need to be prepared.  I want to live my life prepared each day and each minute as if it is my last.  Not for what joy I can bring myself but for how I can live my life as a servant for Christ.  So I challenge you, if you knew Jesus was coming in 30 minutes, would you be ready?

No comments: